Thursday, July 31, 2008

good example

This is a good example of how to (1) talk about a book in a critical way and (2) take the issues of the book into a larger, more global context/consideration.   Not to mention, it's really interesting.

Also, thanks for your cooperation Thursday afternoon with the big class.  You all did wonderful (as usual).  The objective of that was to prepare you for your "artistic translation" project.  We've been asking you, the whole time, to consider images and text: how they work together, how they both can be "read," and how to begin "translating."  The idea of a multi media presentation is for your ideas to become "translated" into multiple interpretations.  We'll keep working on this, but I wanted you to understand the method to the MADNESS.

You are my favorite bridge class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the class as well.I like the fact that I got to see a different side of my peers.I loved the fact that we all got to express ourselves however we wanted to.That is what makes bridge so much fun to me.
I loved the fact that different people ot a chance to come together to discuss one book.It;s funny how one book can open up so many avenues and perspectives.The mind and the way that each individual comes up with thoughts is great.That exercise made us relate to each other. Even thought some people didn't read anything past the first page.